6 Jun 2013

Healthy Summer Rolls



It's time for a healthy summer snack...and you don't even have to know how to cook for this easy summer rolls recipe. Actually I wouldn't call it a recipe, it's more a summer snack inspiration to make something healthy, quick and easy. Basically you can decide whatever you want to have in your rolls. I used spinach leaves/salad, cucumber, carrots, coriander, mint leaves, prawns and glas noodles. I tried one with avocado as well, which was very delicious!
Rice paper rolls can be found in every good Asia shop, I bought mine in China town at Loon Fung. 
Just cut all your ingredients in small sticks, I couldn't be bothered to slice them any thiner. Then cook the glass noodles for 5 minutes, I seasoned them with some chili, sesame oil and soya sauce. Now soak the rice papers into warm water for about 5 seconds, so that they get softer. Just place your ingredients on the paper and start folding it. I think mine don't look too bad for my first time....and they are super delicious! My perfect summer snack...




Sesame oil and soya sauce

Folding...step by step





No comments: