22 Oct 2012

Zuma


Shame on me, that I’ve never been to the Japanese restaurant Zuma before, I went to Roka, one of my favourite restaurants and the sister restaurant  of Zuma hundred times, but never made it to Zuma.
The food is almost the same…stunning, delicious, individual. 
But the atmosphere is slightly different, Roka is a bit smaller and therefor cosier and more relaxed. Zuma is located in South Kensington and the people who go there are definitely younger and more dressed up than in Roka. 

Tables need to be booked in advance, even if you want a table for two, especially at the weekends. 
We arrived there and got a table at the sushi bar, which is amazing, as you can watch how the sushi is prepared. The service was lovely and pleasing, plus we got some drinks and nibbles on the house.

This time I went with a proper foodie so I didn’t need hours to decide what to order, we just ordered almost the whole menu ;) Which was a good decision, because everything….and really everything was amazing. I enjoyed every single bite. The food is prepared with so much love for detail and all senses of taste are stimulated: salty, sweet, spicy or sour. I can only recommend going there and enjoy a great dinner. 

Now I posted so much about Asian restaurants...next time...another nationality, promise!

Address: 
Zuma
5 Raphael Street,
SW7 1DL London

the entrance and bar



salmon rolls....sooooo good

crispy fried squid

softshell crab

scallops tartar


a selection of fine nigiri sushi

california maki

medium beef with sesame and sweet soy. OMG, that was delicious!

chocolate cake with a liquid centre

veerryyy liquid





No comments: